PMDG 737-700 for MSFS – what is your experience so far?

BRUNNER Forum Forums Products CLSE-Yoke PMDG 737-700 for MSFS – what is your experience so far?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  webmaximus 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

webmaximus
    Participant

I guess I’m not the only one in here who recently bought PMDG’s 737-700.

Haven’t done any testing yet but just wanted to ask if there’s anyone else in here who already tried it out with the CLS-E yoke and would care to share how the experience has been so far?

In the past, I used the yoke with the Zibo mod in X-Plane and it worked really well. Thanks to Diego at Brunner and how I introduced him to Lubos (Zibo), we even managed to get the hydraulic pressure working in regards to the yoke. Where the yoke offered quite an amount of resistance if configured correctly in CLS2Sim when no HYD pressure was available. That was so cool!!

I did a quick scan in here before posting for any similar threads but the closest one I found was about PMDG’s NGXu where I read some alarming posts how that one at the time was not supported by Brunner. Where the yoke wouldn’t move with the AP etc. That makes me a bit worried if the same thing will now be true also in MSFS.

Guess time will tell but if that is the case, I really do hope we will see some serious attention from Brunner addressing these issues in the very near future. With the newly released 737 for MSFS being one of the most awaited aircraft for MSFS, it would be a real shame if those of us who invested in Brunner hardware would not be able to use it with this new aircraft in the amazing simulator platform we all have with MSFS.

jovabra
    Participant

Hallo Richard,
    The yoke wouldn’t move in combination with the PMDG 737-700 and MSFS2020. Only the ZIBO 737-800 and the 737-800 NGX are correct working with feedback.
    For now it is an expensive XBOX game controller

Add info: Also the CFY motorized throttle doesn’t work
    Regards
    John

webmaximus
    Participant

Many thanks for the info John. Even when it wasn’t the kind of info I was hoping for obviously…

As for the Brunner yoke, I assume you already tried all the various settings in CLS2Sim found on the Autopilot tab? Such as ‘Don’t set pos in AP mode’ and ‘Enhanced AP mode’.

I really hope @diego will look into this and find a way to make the yoke work correctly. It would be a true shame if nothing is done to make the yoke work with one of the what I’m sure will be most popular airliners in the currently most popular simulator. I can’t even see that happening to be honest and I hope it’s just a matter of time.

As for the CFY TQ, I actually sold mine but have been thinking of getting myself a new one. And this time the V4. However, I was fully expecting the TQ to not work initially with the PMDG 737 in MSFS and I guess we can only hope Torsten will show us MSFS users some love eventually. Same thing for him, would be a real shame if his amazing products would end up not working in MSFS on a permanent basis. Did you try to reach out to him? I did a couple of times before the PMDG 737 for MSFS was released to ask for planned compatibility but never heard back from him…surprise surprise…

twitchyrudder
    Participant

Unfortunately a lot of events for PMDG are handled exterior to the sim, so CLS2Sim is unable to tap into the usual simvars to gain information about what’s going on.

With this in mind, the AP does not follow, since it uses a custom PMDG autopilot. The hydraulic forces also are not applicable since they are a system handled outside of MSFS’s own events. Pretty much everything in regards to this aircraft does. In the future, there may be addition details on a possible SDK as with previous PMDG products, and currently it seems to share a lot of naming conventions as with the NGXu. I’m not sure how much of it is shared, but hopefully work can be started upon the basis of the NGXu’s SDK.

Currently, force trimming does work but the trim speed is dictated by the aircraft which results in the yoke’s physical trimming movement quite minute. I still enjoy the experience however, since the control forces of the 73 can still be replicated as opposed to a passive yoke. The product in MSFS is also quite spectacular in combination to the capabilities of the new simulator. A few navigation hiccups here and there, but that’s par for the course for the current state of MSFS.

webmaximus
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this info and just for my understanding, are you saying we’re waiting for PMDG to release a SDK for their new 737 for MSFS?

twitchyrudder
    Participant

That’s my understanding of the situation. Still awaiting SDK for MSFS version of the 737.

jovabra
    Participant

It is not only a correctly working PMDG 737 SDK software package but the will of Brunner to make a correct implementation in the driver software. For the Prepar3dV5 and the PMDG 737 NGXu there is a correctly working SDK but Brunner does not want to make an adjustment for this. Only the “old PMDG 737 NGX is only version with feedback in combination with the AP.
    Regards
    John
    Ps;
    Long ago had an extensive mail discussion about this shortcoming.
    In short, their answer to me was: how far and how much are you willing to pay for the resulting costs. Had no concrete answer about the possible costs. Then closed the discussion and switched to the ZIBO 737

webmaximus
    Participant

I’m really sad to hear about that conversation you had John.

I understand there’s additional development cost but at the same time, leaving your customers who not bought but rather invested in Brunner products out in the cold. Where they are sitting with a product in the price range Brunner products are without being able to use it with all it’s functionality which to many/most of us were the reason we decided to do this investment in the first place…that is not good.

Part from this, as long as Brunner decides to keep selling products for the consumer market and the most popular simulators, to me it just doesn’t make sense to not support one of the most popular aircraft of all time. Also, most people even consider investing in a Brunner product would mostly be a “hardcore” simulation enthusiast. These in turn are most likely going to fly an aircraft such as the PMDG 737 NG. So again, not being willing to invest in making sure your products work with that aircraft seems very odd IMO if you want to continue do business.

I know I said it somewhere before (maybe even in this thread) but I really do hope Brunner reconsider this decision. Same thing goes for other flight sim hardware manufacturers such as CFY. Where many of us again invested money in the same range most “normal” people spend on buying a second car…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER ELEKTRONIK AG

Industriestrasse 27
CH-8335 Hittnau

tel +41 (0)44 953 1010
fax +41 (0)44 953 1019

info(at)brunner-innovation.swiss

Help-Desk